Google Chrome Internet Browser
The Google Chrome Internet browser can be called a beginner among old-timers Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer. However, despite its young age, the Google Chrome browser by 2014 almost came out on top in terms of popularity among users and firmly ranks second in technical parameters after Mozilla Firefox.
What prevents Google Chrome from becoming the undisputed winner? Some heaviness and lower speed of work so far does not allow the browser from Google to overtake free Firefox.
Google Chrome average web browser speed settings
• The start-up time of the program is 1.56 seconds. Mozilla Firefox – 1.55.
• The speed of transitions between pages of one site is 1.7 seconds. Mozilla Firefox – 1.1.
• The loading time of the new site is 5.3 seconds. Mozilla Firefox – 3.21.
The most popular Google Chrome has the inhabitants of North America. Mozilla Firefox and Opera are more common in Europe.
The most attractive feature of Google Chrome is undoubtedly its simplicity and the most spacious interface, which allows you to surf without problems and with special comfort. In addition, the use of innovative technologies makes it possible to view absolutely any type of site in Google Chrome – from archaic HTML projects to modernist Flash sites and ahead of time HTML5 resources.
The built-in PDF reader will allow you to study various instructions, manuals and price lists without having a PDF viewer and editor installed on your computer. And the internal Flash plug-in saves the user from having to update the flash player now and then. The user gets additional convenience from the option of creating shortcuts on the desktop to quickly open your favorite web pages.
With a Google account, the user can save browser settings, bookmarks and extensions with additions to the Google store and then apply to any Google Chrome browser on any computer.
The remote synchronization function is useful for users who have several computers and those who have the whole family using their home device. Each of the users of one computer can restore their personal settings in the browser through the Google Sinc option.
Work with tabs
The capabilities of the tabs on Google Chrome are actually superior to similar options on the competition.
1. Each tab in Google Chrome works on the basis of a separate process. Therefore, the tabs do not affect each other. If one of the tabs freezes, all the rest will continue to work as always quickly.
2. Each tab is located in the so-called sandbox and is individually controlled by the browser security system. Malicious infections cannot leak into other tabs and into the browser itself. Any potentially dangerous downloads will remain in the locked tab and will be deleted when you exit the program.
3. Tabs can be arbitrarily swapped by dragging the mouse. When you open a new page using an internal link on a web page, a new tab is placed next to the parent, and not sent to the end of the list. This facilitates navigation and tab orientation.
4. The private browsing function allows opening both regular and confidential tabs during one session.
In private browsing mode, the user is protected from external control over his behavior on the Internet. The browsing history, cookies and cache are deleted when the tab is closed, sites and search engines are prohibited from collecting information about user preferences.
The address bar of the Google Chrome browser is called omnibox and has smart features. All previously typed website addresses are stored in memory. If the user has forgotten the site URL and makes mistakes in the set, omnibox gives hints and corrects errors.
Google Chrome has integrated phishing protection and an internal antivirus. When trying to open fake sites, the browser will always warn the user about the danger. All downloads from the Internet and email messages are scanned for potential virus infections. Virus databases are regularly updated through the Google services system. So the Google Chrome browser is able to protect against the latest viruses and trojans.
Additional security protection is provided by regular automatic browser updates, in which developers fix any identified vulnerabilities and problems.
Google Chrome is by far one of the best and most promising web browsers. The browser provides users with extensive features for comfortable, smart and safe surfing the Internet.