How to connect to a proxy server: methods and instructions
There are many ways you can connect to a proxy server. Sometimes for this it is enough to properly configure the computer device itself, and sometimes you only need to configure the browser installed on the computer. If the computer has Internet access, it is advisable to configure its browser. For configuration, we used the most common Russian IPv4 proxies from Proxy-Seller.Ru, at 100 rubles apiece.
Proxy settings for Opera
You can configure Opera browser yourself and manually, having performed a number of simple steps. In Opera, just select the button that is responsible for the settings functionality, and then, after launching the control panel, go to the folder with advanced settings. This can be done according to the following instructions:
1) open the tab “Tools”;
2) go to the “General Settings” section;
3) select the item “Advanced”;
4) in it we select the “Network” item, where we click on the “Proxy Servers” button.
After clicking on the “Proxy Servers” button, a window will open in front of you where you can make the necessary settings. You will see a column on the networks in which you need to select the line with the name of the proxy servers and mark the necessary links with “birds”. After that, the protocols corresponding to the specified connection will be highlighted. The system will ask you to enter the server address here and indicate the port – this is necessary in order to find a connection to it. When you do all this, save the settings and restart your computer.
An important point! As already mentioned, in the settings of your browser you will need to set the server address of the proxy server, for example 127.0.0.1. But it may happen that sooner or later you will no longer need to use this address. In this case, do not forget to delete this setting, since your Internet connection will be lost and, as a result, you will not be able to use the capabilities of the Network and work in it.
Connecting a proxy through utilities for Mozilla FireFox
The server for all web connections, which by default is already available in the FoxyProxy utility, is not anonymous, and this fact does not suit many webmasters and users. However, this problem is solved quite simply: you just need to find a fast and efficient anonymous server on the Internet, since such protocols are very common.
Sometimes you need to connect to a proxy server through utilities – other programs and extensions. This is necessary when the Mozilla FireFox browser is installed on the computer. To configure proxies on your computer in the case of Mazila FireFox, you will need to install the FoxyProxy extension, which can be downloaded either from the official website or from the browser itself by opening the “Add-ons” tab. This extension allows you to manage IP proxy addresses by configuring the server and choosing the appropriate one from them.
Connecting proxies for Google Chrome
The Google Chrome browser uses the system proxy by default, and setting it up is very simple. To do this, perform the following steps:
1) run Google Chrome;
2) in the upper right corner, select the icon with the image of three short lines located one above the other;
3) in the list that opens, click on the “Settings” item;
4) after that, at the bottom of the page that opens, select the line “Show advanced settings”;
5) then go to the “Network” section;
6) in it we select the line “Change proxy server settings”;
7) in the window that opens, we find the item “Settings of the local network parameters”, where we click on the line “LAN Settings”;
8) in the window that appears, select the “Proxy server” section, where we enter the necessary parameters.
After that, it remains only to save the settings, and then restart the computer.
Proxy settings in Yandex browser
In order to configure the proxy server in Yandex browser, follow the instructions below:
1) at the bottom of the page, click on the button “Show advanced settings”;
2) select the line “Change proxy server settings”, after which a window with the operating system settings will open;
3) in the window specify the parameters of the type of proxy that is used (for fans of anonymity, experts recommend using the 5th version of SOKS, which today is considered the most anonymous protocol).
You just have to save the settings, and then restart the computer.
Proxy server with authorization
If you want to use an HTTP proxy server with authorization (that is, with a login and password), you can easily fulfill your wish, since the window with authorization where you need to enter your login and password will pop up immediately after you want to visit which any website.